SharePoint 2010 is a great tool, and far improved over SharePoint 2007… but
here are a few items that could help take SharePoint to the next level.
1) Global navigation across site collections with security trimming.
2) Global Content Rollups, including out of the box Data Views.
3) Metadata based security (Ex. A document tagged “top secret” can’t be
found based on its metadata unless a user has rights to view it [without using a
folder that houses all “top secret” documents]).
4) Auto-grow capacity where SharePoint automatically creates Content
Databases once a limit is reached, or Content Databases at the Library and List
Level (No more creating 15 Document Centers when you have capacity constraints
and only need 6 Libraries!).
5) No Limits on the Send To size of Document Sets and Documents.
READ FULL POST at blog.concurrency.com